Beating leggings/chaps

Lancer

New Gun
Whats every one using this season ,my old wax chaps are passed it and i need to get some new ones?

Depends on the length you like but I bought walking gaiters from millets this will be my 3rd season they were cheap and no signs of wear yet

Reactions: Jon

Clive

Administrator
Staff member
I bought some Barbour ones last year, they were not cheap but have been rubbish, fit is bad and they have frayed etc very quickly, press studs also no good and the velcro gets stuffed full of fluff

Need to get some replacements really

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I bought some Barbour ones last year, they were not cheap but have been rubbish, fit is bad and they have frayed etc very quickly, press studs also no good and the velcro gets stuffed full of fluff

I find when it comes to beating ,cheap and old always works best ,seen to many guys with Harkila gear ect and it gets wrecked first outing ..ex army gear very cheap and is disposable for the price you paid.
I currently upgraded may shooting suit so now use the old one for beating.

Alpine

New Gun
I highly rate the musto gear had ultra tough over trousers that lasted 10yrs just to warm really. I got another pain & the chap style these are great

Gillian

New Gun

Barbour clothing not what it used to be unfortunately!

Chris Webb

New Gun
I use a pair of Country Classics Waxed Chaps, they're about £13 on Amazon, delivered.

Can't fault them. I just make sure they get a spray after washing and at the end of the season I get the block of wax and the hair dryer on them.